Monday

Another frame begins.

As the title states I have begun another frame.
Mr Mike wanted to go 26" hardtail and is replacing a Specialized Hardrock SS. Big time upgrade. Double butted crmo tubing through out and this time I am using some Surly Instigator dropouts. They will be getting drilled out to get rid of body fat. I've beend sitting on these for a couple years and this seems like a good project for them.
Hroch Frame

I managed to get the seat tube welded to the BB shell as well as the seat tube sleeve brazed on.
Hroch Frame

Hroch Frame

I got to use a new fixture for the seat tube/bb weld, and it produced a quick, straight result. I was using my frame fixture, but there were too many possible variables to cause a misalignment. I checked it afterward on my stone block I use for alignment and it was spot on! I'm working super late, so now it's time for a shower then bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment